To know how to reset a Bluetooth speaker, you just have to go to your speaker’s brand and follow the steps to reset. This method can solve Bluetooth connectivity problems or playback cuts, but it is more difficult to solve charging problems.
- 1. Learn How to Reset JBL Bluetooth Speakers
- 2. How to Reset BOSE Sondlink Speakers
- 3. How to Reset SONY Bluetooth Speakers
- 4. How to Reset Other Bluetooth Speakers
- 5. How to Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones
- 6. Before Changing Speakers
- 7. Still, Having Trouble?
Learn How to Reset JBL Bluetooth Speakers
In the case of JBL speakers, to restore them to their factory state, known as hard reset, you must follow the following steps:
- Turn on the device.
- Press the “Vol +” (volume up) buttons and the play / pause button simultaneously for 7 seconds. For older speakers, the combination can be “Vol -” + “Bluetooth.”
- Wait for the lights to change to red, green, and blue while the power light stays on.
- Turn off the speaker.
- Turn on normally.
- It has already been restored to its factory condition!
You already know how to restore your JBL speaker to its factory state; we hope you have solved any connection problems or problems with the speaker app.
How to Reset BOSE Sondlink Speakers
To reset a BOSE Bluetooth speaker, the procedure is the same, just change the key combination depending on the model.
- Turn on the device.
- Press the model’s own key combination for 10 seconds.
BOSE Mini 2 Reset
The combination is valid for other BOSE Sounlink mini speakers.
Key combination: “Power button” for 10 seconds.
BOSE Soundlink Color Reset
The combination is valid for other speakers in the BOSE Sounlink color range.
Key combination: “Aux” + “Vol -” 10 seconds.
BOSE Soundtouch Reset
The combination is valid for the entire Soundtouch line.
If you want to return it to the factory state, the key combination is “Systems 1” and “Vol -.”
If you only need to know how to reset this BOSE Bluetooth speaker, the solution is simpler; you just need to disconnect the speaker for 30 seconds.
How to Reset SONY Bluetooth Speakers
When we want to do this process with SONY Bluetooth speakers (for the most part), they have a “reset button” found in the classic mini-hole where you must insert a pin or similar.
But this process does not delete the pairing data; for this, you must do the following:
- Turn on the speaker.
- Press the power buttons and “Vol -” for 5 seconds.
- It is now reset to its factory state!
How to Reset Other Bluetooth Speakers
Bearing in mind that there is no universal way if we can tell you that as a general rule, all Bluetooth speakers follow the same pattern for resetting to their factory state. If you cannot find the guide for your brand, such as Xiaomi Bluetooth speakers, the procedure to follow is as follows :
- Turn on the speaker.
- Try pressing combinations of two buttons for 10 seconds. The most common combinations are:
…“Vol+” + “Power”.“Vol-” + “Power”.“Power” + “Aux”.“Power” + “Bluetooth”.
- Wait for a sound or combination of lights that warn us that we have hit the mark.
- Factory reset speaker!
How to Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones
If your problem is with a Bluetooth headset, the solution is quite similar to the speakers’ solution. Depending on whether your problem is with the sound / operation or with the Bluetooth connection, we can try two options.
Reset to Factory State
- Turn off the headphones.
- Press the power button for 5/10 seconds until the headset light starts to flash. NOTE: If the helmets have another call button, as a general rule, both will have to be pressed at the same time.
- Power on again and link.
Reset Bluetooth Connection
- For this, it is only necessary to delete the device from the list of Bluetooth devices of our Smartphone, PC, or console.
Before Changing Speakers
Many reasons can cause a Bluetooth speaker to stop working or deteriorate the sound quality, and for this, you can do a series of tests.
If the problem is the sound quality, it may be a problem with the Bluetooth reception of the audio, and your speaker has both Bluetooth and jack input (auxiliary); you can try to connect your speaker by cable, and if it works well, you have two options:
- Take it to a shop to repair the Bluetooth receiver (or do it yourself if you are a handyman).
- Use a Bluetooth adapter to use instead of the built-in Bluetooth of the device itself. This option will add some size and weight, but it is cheaper if it is not a major inconvenience.
If your wired audio reception is not working either, it is most likely a battery problem. In that case, you will have to check if your speaker works correctly connected to the power. If this is the case, you have two alternatives:
- Replace the battery (the most expensive option).
- Buy an external battery and use it as if it were the battery of the device itself. This allows you to move your device without depending on a plug but, of course, adds weight and hassle when doing so.
If the problem is with the speaker itself, there is no homemade trick that can help you with this problem; the best solution is to change it.
Still, Having Trouble?
If you have followed the steps and your speaker still gives problems, think about buying a new Bluetooth speaker. On our page, you will find the perfect Bluetooth speaker for your needs at the best price, search our small speaker sections if you are looking for the best mobility and sound quality, or find a powerful Bluetooth speaker among the best speakers on the market.
If you have not found how to reset your Bluetooth speaker, you can put the brand and model in a comment, and we will include it in the post.